NOTICE FOR DECENTRALIZED ADMISSION THROUGH LATERAL ENTRY for B. TECH COURSES 2023
As per G.O. No. 526-Edn(T)/10M-51/15 dated 05.12.2023 of Higher Education Department, Govt. of West Bengal, notice is hereby given for Decentralized counselling and admission in the 2nd year of B. Tech courses through lateral entry on 12.12.2023 in the vacant seats remaining after JELET counseling 2023 in following streams strictly in order of merit. Eligibility criteria as per existing rules will be followed strictly. Details of number of seats lying vacant is given below.
Details of vacant seats:
|Name of Stream
|B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
|B. Tech. Leather Technology
Who can apply
- Applicants must be domicile of West Bengal. [Domicile criteria as mentioned by WBJEE Board will be followed]
- The following list is based on preference that is first preference will be given to the applicants mentioned in serial no. 1 and so on for admission.
1) Applicants with diploma in Engineering & Technology from AICTE approved Institutions who are otherwise eligible for admission under the scheme, will be given the first preference.
2) Applicants with B.Sc. degree from UGC Recognized Institutions who are otherwise eligible for admission under the scheme, will be given the next preference.
Counselling and Admission Process:
The admission process will be ONE DAY SPOT COUNSELING on 12.12.2023 based on Merit
The candidates must bring filled up application form given with this notice
- The willing and eligible applicants will have to report personally at the college on 12.2023 within 11:30 am at Mechanical Workshop, Ground floor of Office building at GCELT Salt Lake campus for decentralized counselling and admission. The applicants who are willing to take admission must remain present.
- No applicants will be allowed for counselling after 11:30 am.
- Only applicants will be allowed inside counselling hall.
- Presence of applicant is mandatory. Without presence of applicant no seat will be allotted.
- The applicants present within 11:30 am on 12.12.2023 will be called serially as per their Merit and qualifying examination and will be offered choice of seats as per vacancy.
- The counselling shall continue till the vacancy exists strictly following merit and as per preference of the student.
- Attendance will start from 10:30 am on 12.12.2023.
Documents required – Original AND One Self Attested Photocopy
- Filled application form available with this notice
- JELET 2023 Rank Card (for JELET qualified students if available)
- Proof of date of birth (10th Admit / Birth Certificate)
- Reservation certificate (for SC / ST / OBC A/ OBC B / PH) IMPORTANT: For OBC candidates, Category A or B must be written in certificate and NCL certificate is a must and must be issued on and after 01.04.2023, otherwise admission will not be allowed.
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik / equivalent (10th)
- Mark sheet of higher secondary / equivalent (if Available for diploma / mandatory for B Sc.)
- Grade cards of all semesters of DIPLOMA (for Diploma students) Net copy will not be allowed
- Mark sheets for B Sc. all semesters / years (for B Sc. students)
- West Bengal Domicile Certificate as per WBJEEB format
- Two recent coloured pass port size photo
- AADHAR Card
Applicant who do not possess all the eligibility criteria and / or do not fulfil the terms and conditions as stipulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board and Govt. of West Bengal in respect of Lateral Entry Admission 2023 will not be considered for admission.
Failing to produce any of the above documents may result in cancellation of candidature.
Applicants who will be selected on 12.12.2023 for admission will have to submit admission fee on the same date (exact amount in cash / Online payment at college) to complete admission process. After selection no separate date shall be given for payment of fee. Details of fee are given below:
- Tech. in COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING – Rs. 9500/-
- Tech. in LEATHER TECHNOLOGY – Rs.9000/-
Students’ Welfare Association fee: Rs. 2000/- (For all courses, one time)
For any query the applicants may mail us at: email@example.com within 11.12.2023 2:00 pm
Officer in Charge
Government College of Engineering &