Annexure I : Teaching & Research profile/ plans of the Department for next 5 years
1. To interact with R&D Organizations for conducting joint research work involving faculty/scientists and students/research scholars etc.
2. Faculty exchanges - getting professionals from industry as visiting faculty or adjunct professors for short or long periods and deputation of faculty to industry to gain industrial experience and/or work on projects in industry.
3. Curriculum development- associating experts from industry in curriculum planning and review.
4. Personality development workshop for students relating with soft skills (communication skills / personality development).
5. Guest lectures by eminent personalities, academics, leading industrialists at regular intervals to update the students knowledge.
6. To arrange technical festivals/open houses/student design competitions.
7. Continuing education programmes: Providing infrastructure to meet the training needs of the industry, like improving communication skills, job analysis, inventory & financial controls, efficient management skills and on up gradation of technical knowledge on current topics .
8. To update the knowledge base (qualification) of professionals in different emerging sectors (Biotechnology, Nanotechnology etc.).
9. To arrange short-term programmes: Duration of 5 to 7 days for the benefit of Professionals in various technical disciplines
10. In house training programme at the request of industries at their location.
11. Technology transfer in the nearby rural areas.
12. To set up Innovation Centres and Centres of Excellence.
13. Signing MOU’s with industry and Institutes. Setting up of technology parks in collaboration with alumni and industry for cost effective opportunity for R&D leading to marketable products.
14. Promotion of Homegrown technologies, which is expected to strengthen the linkages between research institutes and industry indigenously by commercialization of indigenously developed technologies.
Research Plans for next 5 years of the Computer Science & Engg. Department
Mission: To provide better health care through applied information technology.
Dept. of Computer Sc. And Engg of Govt College of Engg. and Leather Technology, Kolkata has been started in the year 2001. During this 15 years, Our ex-students has been working in various companies like TCS. Infosys, Wipro, i-GATE etc. They are serving in different domain like Big Data Analytics, Health Care, Distributed and Mobile communications etc. A large chunk of rural people are still deprived of proper health care services causing them to succumb their lives. We are planning to rejuvenate our multimedia laboratory into a center of excellence and extend the technology learned and developed towards health care infrastructure development in rural area specially in Jangalmahal Districts of West Bengal. So that people residing in this area can access all modern amenities of health care system. We are planning this plan to operate in two modules.
In No. 1 module, we will offer our students to work of health care related projects. We will introduce new M.Tech batches who will develop health care technologies to be incorporated to provide better health services to the under priviledged people.
And in No. 2 module, using this developed technologies by the students, we will provide the services to the rural people in health care domain without visiting the city hospitals.
This research laboratory for Computer Science dept. will be dedicated to the research group of students and faculties who are exploring and furthering the application of technology and artificial intelligence to clinical situations. Because of the vital and crucial nature of medical practice, and the need for accurate and timely information to support clinical decisions, the group is also focused on the gathering, availability, security and use of medical information throughout the human "life cycle" and beyond. This health care infrastructure will be used at multiple levels by leveraging off of prior work on multi-institutional "on-the-fly" data integration, regional patient-controlled medical records, self-describing peer-to-peer networks, cryptographic health identification systems, and a GIS-based bio-surveillance toolset. It will be a personally controlled health record system that enables patient to provide their health information across sites and get active medical assistance lifelong. Physicians of City Hospitals’ can also assist them to diagnose the disease by utilizing this infrastructure via video conferencing facility.
Annexure II : Details of each Budget Head with full justification for each item as given at Item No. 14